Whenever, wherever we see evil, we can ask God to change that situation. We have every right to do so. It’s a fact that Christians live in enemy territory. We are entrusted with the responsibility to advance God’s Kingdom. So…
We buckle on the belt of truth, fasten the breastplate of righteousness, and for shoes put on the readiness to preach the gospel of peace.
We hold up the shield of faith, put on the helmet of salvation, and grab the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. (Ephesians 6:11)
PRAYER IS THE BATTLEFIELD!
God says through the prophet Isaiah, “I will gather all nations and tongues, and they will come and see my glory.” Do we believe that? Let us take big prayers to the Lord. Be bold!
Here are some specific things you can bring before the Father (more to come in the days ahead!):
Church plants — Defined as formally erected churches, churches in progress of construction, house churches and small, secret gatherings.
- The construction of 4 new churches has been put on hold due to the uncertainty of the virus. Pray that the Ethiopian economy will hold up under the strain, people will be wise but not fearful, and that construction can move forward when it is wise to do so.
- Pray for continued growth, exponential growth, of the existing churches and house churches.
- Pray that children’s programs in these new churches would flourish and that good leaders would be enthusiastic and faithful.
- Especially in the most dangerous areas, pray that God will give visions and dreams to draw people to Him.
Training center construction — The importance of this training center cannot be over emphasized. The forward momentum of construction has ground to a stop due to Covid-19.
- Ask that church leaders and new missionaries be identified and that schooling for them can begin in September.
- Construction can forge ahead, even during the rainy season (June, July, August, September).
Literacy Program – Non-readers compose 61% of the Ethiopian population and that percentage is higher in rural areas.
- Our staff would be able to get supplies to the villages to aid the missionaries in teaching reading.
- That teaching children and women how to read would open doors to share The Good News of Jesus.
Internet Evangelism/Education — There is a website linked to other social medias designed exclusively to reach Ethiopian M*slims.
- Physical protection for “A” (and his family) who runs this ministry. He lives in a very dangerous place doing very dangerous work.
- Especially during this time when people are on the internet more than ever, that this website will be found by M*slims who are seeking answers.
- Wisdom for “A” as he interacts with people on the web and social media.
THANK YOU for your prayers! We know God hears and answers!